Payne Road State School P&C Association is the Approved Provider of the Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program. The service is located in the Activity Building on the school grounds. Our service is currently approved for 105 school aged children. Our staff hold a wide range of qualifications related to the care of children.
Our aim is to provide a program that compliments rather than duplicates your child’s day. We work collaboratively with the children to provide play, life skill and leisure activities and experiences that are meaningful to them and support their well-being, learning and development in an environment that allows them ‘time’ and ‘space’ to explore, discover, build relationships, solve problems, create, construct, improvise and imagine.
The program is well resourced with plenty of board games, art and craft materials, sports equipment, books, indoor and outdoor toys. OSHC also has access to the school facilities including the playground, tennis courts, oval and cricket nets.
In Queensland, the Department of Education, Training and Employment is the regulatory authority responsible for administering the National Quality Framework. The service must meet the legislative requirements of the:
- Education and Care Services National Law (Queensland) Act 2011
- Education and Care Services National Regulations
- National Quality Standard (Schedule 1 of the National Regulations)
Our service has been assessed under this framework and has achieved exceeding the National Quality Standard.
Services Available & Hours of Operation
- Before School Care: 7.00am–9.00am
- After School Care: 2.30pm–6.00pm
- Vacation Care: 7.00am–6.00pm
- Pupil Free Days Care: 7.00am–6.00pm
- Public Holidays: closed
Contact Susie: (07) 3300 0077; or mobile: 0421 761 741
Children arriving at the service prior to 8.00am are offered a balanced breakfast with a choice of cereal, toast, fruit, juice and milk drinks.
Afternoon tea is also provided (morning tea during vacation and pupil free day care) consisting of a choice of fresh fruit and vegetables, assorted sandwiches, crackers and water.
During Vacation and Pupil Free Days children must have their own lunch provided (unless stated otherwise on the program).
There are a number of extra-curricular activities within the school grounds that are accessible whilst attending OSHC. This include dance, tennis, Auskick, and more. With permission from parents, children are escorted to and from these activities.
Parents have the opportunity to have input into the program planning and service delivery through communication with the coordinator or educators or by attending the monthly P&C meetings.
For enrolment details or any further information, please contact the service to make an appointment or come in during the hours of operation.
OSHC Fees & Charges
Before Commonwealth Child Care Benefit/Rebate reductions:
- Before School Care (includes breakfast): $12.00
- After School Care (includes afternoon tea): $19.00
- Vacation Care and Pupil Free Day (includes breakfast, morning and afternoon tea): $46.00
- Short Sessions: Before School Care $6.00; After School Care $9.50
- Additional fees are charged for excursion days. Please ask the Coordinator about amounts
- Please refer to the PRSS OSHC documents for all other details